Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy for Deep People

DON'T BLINK!

That which I thought would crucify me did the complete opposite. Thank you.

Emotional nudity is terrifying. I described it to a friend as being naked in the middle of your high school football field during a home game. We are living in a time where it is so easy to hide, from not only everyone else, but from ourselves. Everyone wants to forget the bad, only ever be happy, and forgo the sadness of life. But there is so good that can come out of sadness. Think of all of the heart wrenching movies and incredibly sad songs you love. There is a bright side to every bad day.





So, I keep getting these beauty marks all over my torso, I've discovered maybe a half dozen in the past 5 years. I'm not much of a sun worshiper  so I'm not too nervous about that, but I was upset that my skin was becoming spotted! I would forget that I was upset, because I don't see them constantly, only when I'm naked. And, if you know me, you know how I feel about clothes, as in I don't want to wear them when I'm not in public. The more I was naked, the more I looked at these beauty marks, and I kind of started to like them a little. Then more. And now, if you're ever to ask me what my favorite physical trait about myself is, I might have to lift up my shirt and show you.


...and for anyone who thinks that they're funny, I'm not talking about my breasts.

So, get naked, just like Alanis recommended, because you might notice something new about yourself, but I can promise that you will learn something about yourself.


Completely unrelated disclaimer, but I have no idea who reads this or how far into the internet it gets, but I suddenly lost my job today, so if anyone in the NYC area knows of anything... hook a sister up, please, I have a slightly expensive lifestyle I need to maintain, aka, I'd like to keep buying my morning croissant and feel fancy.

I'm only a little bummed about losing this job, mostly because extreme poverty is only like 3 weeks away.

But I already spent a non-refundable $55 on an express bus pass, so I will spend the next two days terrorizing enjoying the city, this could get dangerous and I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER.

No comments:

Post a Comment